November 24, 2012

Dia de accion de gracias, November 24, 2012



Hey there!   Happy Turkey day!!  I was so happy when I got a letter from Lauren Gobelman!

We just got back from Estacion Central, where we bought 15 kilos of ties.  Yes, that is 33 pounds of neckties.  and we paid $20 total.  We've split them between the 7 people here in the office, and so it is like 3 bucks a person for a LOT of ties.  think about how much a single tie weighs on your neck!  not much!  There are still about half the ties left over, and we all got like 20-30 ties!  for 3 bucks!!  It's AWESOME!



On Thursday, we made an awesome Thanksgiving FEAST!!!  I've attached pictures.  We had a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, a veggie plate, rolls (Well, chilean bread aka maraqueta), juice, homemade cinnamon rolls, and Elder Stetler and I made EGGNOG!!!!  It was really good!  And the office cleaning lady, Hermana Sara joined us!  It was really cool because she shared her conversion story with us over dinner and the first time the missionaries came over and how she knew it was true, etc.  She testified with a lot of power and used the opportunity of Dia de Accion de Gracias to thank us for being a wonderful example to her and thank her Father in Heaven for having the gospel in her life.  She was baptized a little over 2 years ago and is super strong in the Gospel.  Then we went around the table and shared what we were all thankful for in our lives after looking back over the past year.  We all said similar things, whether it was about being in the mission in general, having the companions we've had, the experience and everything we've learned in the office, the opportunity to be missionaries of Jesus Christ, things like that-- Which we are genuinely thankful for.  Then one of the assistants, Elder Munoz said he was thankful that his Sister was active in the Gospel once again, and is about to make covenants in the Temple.  That was cool.  And it made me realize just how many things I have to be thankful for in my life.  It made me realize in just how many ways Heavenly Father blesses me, my family, my sectors, and this mission.  I have a lot to be grateful for.


Way towards the top of our long list of things we should thank God for should be thanking Him for his Son, Jesus Christ, and His Atonement.  I'm thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, through which I can be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.  I'm very grateful that I can repent every day of my daily faults, mistakes, and sins.  I'm grateful for the forgiveness that I feel from my Father in Heaven when I repent.  I'm thankful for His love in my life, for the trust he has in me.  There is nothing I can do, there is no possible way to progress, without the sacrifice and atonement of our Lord and King, Jesus Christ.  May we choose to follow him and keep his commandments so that we might receive the fullness of his blessings, and as the scriptures say, "all that the Father hath."

I love you.
Elder Cole Moffat