April 2, 2013

Trio, March 18, 2013

 Well, I´m still here in Republica.  and School is back in session!  Lottttts of university students.  seriously.  it´s actually incredible how many people there are.

And we´re here in a trio!  Our new companion is Elder Felipe from Lima, Peru.  So it´s an American looking guy, a Chinese looking guy, and a Peruvian --    walking around Chile.  We´ve just gotta be a sight to see.  But Elder Felipe is a cool guy.  He got to the mission my first day in the office as secretary.... 9 months ago.  And he just finished 2 years as a member of the church.  His sister got baptized last week!  He´s a pretty chill guy, and a good teacher. 

We were able to go out on divisions a lot this week because now if we can get 1 guy to come out with us, we can split up and have 2 companionships.  On Sunday we actually did that, but each of us went with a ward member, so we had 3 companionships!  pretty sweet.

This week I decided I have my new favorite part of the Gospels in the New Testament: John 14-16.  I don´t know what it was, but they just seemed amazingly applicable and spiritual, and awesome this last time that I read them this week.  They have some "famous" verses that are quoted a lot, but it was cool to understand why Christ taught, and why he said those "famous" lines in his teaching, and what he was talking about in the first place.  super cool.  I definitely learned a lot.  I just feel like I understood it so much more..... maybe because I was reading it in both Spanish and English.

Well, that´s all I got for today.

Love you guys!!!

Elder Cole Moffat