August 9, 2012

God's Plan, July 21, 2012


Haha okay just as I started typing, Elder Merchán (AP in the office with us) was on the phone ordering pizza.  And we was like (in spanish) "Yes... Yes... The Church of Jesus Christ... It´s a big Church on Calle Alberto Llona.... the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..... oh, you´re a member?  Great!  Well, we´d like the 2 for 1 deal......"  haha it was just a funny moment ordering pizza.

we watched a movie last night-- "How rare a possession: Book of Mormon."  and it was really good.  this was our hometheater set up.  complete with space heater, speakers, and all.

Well, Hi family!  How is everyone?  How´s your vacation?  The text to email worked really well, mom!  pretty cool stuff.  Thanks for the letters!

Well, This week was interesting.  I already recorded like a half hour that I´ll send to you guys, And I´m trying to think about what more I can put on here in the letter.  But I´d say we had a pretty good week.  I´m learning a lot about the mission and the way it works.  Also, I am realizing the importance of study and pure, dedicated, hard work.

It´s interesting to see how the Lord Prepares his children to receive the Gospel-- or at least have the chance to receive the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it´s restoration.  Also, I realize more every single day the simpleness and the locigal-ness of the gospel.  It just makes sense.  I love it.  If anyone really wants to understand it and prays and accepts the spirit and all that, they can learn, grow, apply, and become Perfect-- even like God is perfect-- and they can do it through Christ.  I love the miraculous simplicity of God´s plan!!  It´s amazing.  And really, it´s our plan: Authored by God, but accepted by each one of us.  I can say, because I accepted God´s plan for me, I became a co-investor or a partner in the plan.  Authored by God, accepted by me, our plan.  And everyone that ever lives on the earth did the exact same thing.  We just need to ask God to help us remember of its truthfulness!!  And if we do, with a open heart and willing mind, He will.  He will show us what we need to do, and we can go forward, having a perfect brightness of hope.  God is a God of hope. (Romans 15:13 I believe)

Well, I love you all!  I´ll try and send pictures!

Love,
Elder Cole Moffat