March 5, 2013

Baptism! February 25, 2013



Raul Maire got baptized this week!  I wanted to send a pic, but the computer won´t read my card.  Elder Gehring baptized his wife, Candy, in November.  He was there for the lessons and everything, but didn´t want to get baptized at first.  Then, when I got there, he was ready to be baptized!  I really didn´t get to teach him that much, but in the time that I have known him, he´s a really cool guy, and seems really converted to the gospel now.  He´s reading the Book of Mormon with his wife, and as of a few weeks ago they are in Alma.  Elder Gehring baptized him, and once again, I was able to do the confirmation.  What a great experience.  I´m so happy that he was able to make that important decision in his life.  He looks so happy.

And we found out on Saturday night that Elder Gehring has changes, so it looks like I´ll be getting a new companion!  I´m excited for this new opportunity that will present itself.  Change, if applied correctly, means growth.  So it looks like I´ll be able to grow some more here pretty soon!  Also, I don´t know if I told you guys last week or not, but it looks like I might be here in Republica until the end of my mission-- about 3 and a half more changes.  President told me 2 weeks ago in interviews that unless something changes in his plans, I´ll be here until the end of my mission.  We´ll see what happens.  8 months is a long time to be in one place, but if I had to choose one place in the entire mission to be for 8 months, it would be here in Republica! :)

Love you guys!
Elder Cole Moffat