June 5, 2012

Aqui estamos en JUNIO, June 4, 2012

Well, hello, family!  Glad to hear Sherrie and Mark are all doing better.  Also, I got page 2 of your letter, mom.  I like that quote:  now that you know what you know and have felt what you've felt, what are you going to do?  I think that is a question I will start using.  Question: NATIONAL MERIT.  whatever happened with that?  Also in that next package, Mom, could you include a bag of shredded coconut?  Sweater size from Mr. Mac is Small.  And winter lasts through September, more or less (translation in my head of "más o menos".... does that sound right in English?)
This week we taught more lessons than the other 3 weeks of the change, and we were one lesson short of meeting the standard of excellence.  And they were all good lessons!  We left with a kind of less active, doesn`t know if he wants to go on a mission yet,  is 15 youth, and to our pleasant surprise, he just started testifying of the power of prayer and of the reality of a God who is our Father and who listens to and answers those prayers.  It was great!  
In another lesson, I realized once again the importance of knowing the Book of Mormon is true.  And gaining that testimony from God, and not from other people  Look.  To me it doesn't matter if you found some random unsupported study done by "scientists" that say something about something else and therefore the Book of Mormon isn't true.  I read the Book of Mormon.  I prayed to God and asked Him if it was true.  and He said "yes."  What greater testimony can you have than from God?  I`m so grateful that I have God, Christ, the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fulness, and the Book of Mormon in my life.  I know I have a Father in heaven who loves me and who will lovingly send challenges my way to give me the opportunities necessary to grow and progress.  I know that my loving Father in heaven also sent His only perfect Son for me to help me when I fall.  I know that I can get back up again, but only through His selfless atonement.  I know that the way to always have the motivation and the strength to get up again comes through Christ and His teachings, called the Gospel.  And I know that the Book of Mormon is a source of spiritual strength, and by studying it, I can come to know Christ even more, so that when I build my life on Him, my Rock and my Redeemer, I will always be able to keep going forward.  And I know that this can be true for everyone, should they choose to accept it.  That is why I want to help others come to know Christ even more-- to help them receive the blessings of the Gospel of Christ and the redemption of his Atonement.

Something from the Book of Mormon I read this week: Alma 53:20-21.  What is a good description of what God wants the youth of today to be like?  "And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity;  But behold this was not all-- they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.  Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before Him."  Hayden, Spencer, and Luke-- you have been taught, having been born of goodly parents, about God and what he wants for you.  Make sure you show it :)  I love you guys!

That's all for now, folks.
Loves,
Elder Cole Moffat