July 1, 2013

Final Interviews, "Go Homer" stuff, July 1, 2013

I had my final interview on Tuesday... It was weird having it way before I go home.  But it was a good, uplifting experience.  Maybe I´ll tell you more about it when I get home.

Also, the new mission presidents got here!  We had a meeting with the Barreiros´s and the rest of the Zone Leaders and the Sister Training Leaders.  They´re really cool.  LOTS of animo.  they´re very excited to be here.  It is interesting, because they´re from Florida, but they were both born and raised in Brazil.  So they both speak English and Portuguese.  Sister Barreiros also lived in Santiago, Chile for 2 years (18-20) when her dad was some sort of Brazilian ambassador in Chile or something like that.  So she also speaks Spanish and knows Chile.  President is learning Spanish, and even though he started learning only a few weeks ago, he speaks pretty well.  It´s just interesting to hear Spanish in a portuguese accent, because I´m either used to hearing it spoken as a first language or with a gringo accent.  Portuguese is new for me.  But he´s definitely an inspired man and very loving and extremely excited for the work here in Chile.

Remind me to tell you what happened on the way home from my final interview when I get home.

Happy 4th of July!

Mom, do you have a recipe that uses tabasco sauce?  This chef in our ward was asking. Thanks!

These last few weeks will be tough.  But I´m willing to work.

Gotta go!

Love,
Elder Cole Moffat